This addon to the Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce lets you select partial payments for each product on the website. Partial payment can be the flat amount or the percentage of the booking price. Also, it allows setting the security deposits for the rentals.
Release Date: Nov 29, 2022
- This addon will work only with the Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce installed.
- Increase sales by allowing your customers to just pay a deposit amount instead of full payment during booking.
- Fully integrated with your Woocommerce store and Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce.
- Works with Woocommerce variations.
If you need any help then you can drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can request support from the Contact page. As well as you can directly post your questions on the support page of this plugin on WordPress.org.
This addon allows the customer to pay only a partial amount while booking the product.
The Partial deposit is calculated relative to the base price. There are 2 methods: Percentage wise and Fixed price. The amount/ percentage which is mentioned will be charged accordingly.
The cart page, the checkout as well as the order received page has the details of the Partial payment as well as the total and remaining amount to be paid. This helps the customer as well as the client while making payments.
The order notification email received by the customer also has the Partial payment details.
Partial Deposit addon allows the user to do the payment partially, only a part of the payment is made, like a deposit.
On the product page, the amount which is to be deposited is displayed.
- WooCommerce v2.0 & above
- WordPress 3.0 & above.
- Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce v 2.2 and above.
- Partial Deposits Addon v2.5 requires Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce v2.8 or higher.
- v 3.0- This is a minor update to the addon for Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce that contains a feature enhancement, compatibility and bug fixes.
- v 2.17- This update to the addon contains compatibility changes for v5.5.2 of Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce.
- v 2.13- This is a minor update to the addon for Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce that contains a UI/UX improvements and bug fixes.
- v 2.12- This is a minor update to the addon for Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce that contains a feature enhancement, compatibility and bug fixes.
- v 2.11 – This is a minor update to the addon for Booking and Appointment plugin for WooCommerce that contains compatibility fixes and some minor bug fixes.
- v 2.10 – This is a minor update to the addon for Booking and Appointment plugin for WooCommerce that contains some minor bug fixes and compatibility with Booking and Appointment plugin v4.2.0.
- v 2.9 – This update to the addon contains some minor bug fixes.
- v 2.8 – This update to the addon contains compatibility changes for WooCommerce version 3.0.0 and higher.
- v 2.7 – This update to the addon contains some bug fixes.
- v 2.6 – The addon has now been made compatible with the latest WooCommerce Gravity Forms Product Addons version 2.10.10. Backward compatibility has been retained with lower versions.
- v 2.5 – This update to the plugin contains some issue fixes along with compatibility changes with Booking & Appointment Plugin for WooCommerce v2.8.
- v 2.4 – Some issues with WPML multi-currency is fixed.
You just need to activate this plugin & a new tab named “Partial Payments” alongside of Booking tab on the product admin page will be created. Deactivating the plugin will hide the “Partial Payments” tab.
Once purchased, to update the plugin to the latest version, please go to your WordPress Plugins page. As & when a new update is available, a notification will be visible just below the plugin description block. If you face any issues while updating the plugin, please drop an email to email@example.com with your name, email address & plugin name.
- This addon will work only with the WooCommerce Booking & Appointment Plugin installed.
- This addon will NOT work as a standalone plugin.
- This addon will also NOT work if you are not using bookable products. It is designed to work only for bookable products & with WooCommerce Booking & Appointment Plugin.
Review by Joe Fylan, wplift.com (Read full review here)
Verdict: If you want to allow your customers to make bookings and reservations via your website, and pay a partial amount or deposit, then this add-on used in conjunction with the Booking and Appointment plugin, WooCommerce and WordPress, will enable you to do so.
Whether you are offering your visitors to the ability to make food dining reservations, hotel bookings, or book other types of appointments via your website, then this combination of tools is an easy to use solution.
hi there, i have a pre-sales question i hope that u can help me. My scenario is this. in my e-commerce site (woo commerce) i sell wedding tours .. a customer in our shop choose a wedding tour want. later we put the wedding tour chosen in the website so friends and family can help him to receive that gift. example the wedding tours cost 1000$ and some friend help us with this gift: – friend A pay 30$ – friend B pay 20$ – friend C pay 40$ – friend D pay 10$… so total 1000$ and i have… Read more »
Hi Max, Unfortunately it is not possible with our booking plugin and Partial Deposit Addon to set such scenario. At a time only one customer can make payment for one particular product. Our booking or Partial Deposits Addon does not interfere with the payment. However, you can us Partial deposits Addon to accept the initial payment for the product (Tour in your case) E.g If Wedding Tour cost is $1000, then you can set payment of “Wedding Tour” to be payable partially with the help of Partial Deposit Addon ( You can set Deposit amount to $100 ). So the… Read more »
Hi, got a question…is there a possibility to change the language to what ever I want? I mean if the plugin on a screen is in english and I want my customers read it in different language?
Hi Michal, Yes, it is possible to translate our plugin strings as per your requirements. You can use our plugin’s woocommerce-booking.po file to translate the plugin strings. This file is located in the below path. Path: \ wp-content \ plugins \ woocommerce-booking \ languages \ Please follow the steps mentioned in the below post link to translate strings using .po file of our plugin. Link: https://www.tychesoftwares.com/translate-booking-appointment-plugin-strings-using-po-file/ If you do not wish to use .po file of our plugin then you can use the WPML plugin for translating our plugin strings. Our plugin is compatible with WPML. Please let me know… Read more »
Presales question, how is the remainder amount invoiced? Does a store owner have to manually generate an invoice or can you have the store generate an invoice X days before a booking for example? In any event, when the customer receives this invoice, how do they pay?
Hi Colin, Yes, the site admin has to manually generate a remainder amount invoice. The invoice of remaning amount will not be generated automatically befor X numbers of days of booking. Below I have mentioned a complete process of how a product can be setup with our Partial Deposit addon and how a site admin can manually create the invoice for remaining amount and how a customer can make the payment of that remaining amount. I have created a sample product “Tours” on our demo website. I have enabled the “Enable Partial Payment”option from “Partial Payments” tab and I have… Read more »
I am using the bookings plugin and doing some testing. What i want is that when someone makes a booking for a product X which is £100 for 4 days i want the payment to apply the following rules… If the booking date is > than 4 weeks then charge the user 20% as a deposit. Then when the we get to 4 weeks before the booking date I want to be able to send an email to the customer requesting the remainder of the payment. Alternatively if the booking date is < then 4 week then charge the full… Read more »
Hi Garvin, We have an option “Only Full Payment within X days from today” in “Partial Payments” tab of the Booking meta box which allow charging the full payment to the customer till the no. of days you have set from today and after that partial deposit will be applied. I have created a product “Test product” on our demo website. I have enabled the “Enable Partial Payment”option from “Partial Payments” tab and selected the Payment Type as “Percentage”and set value 20 in the Deposit. I have enabled the “Allow Full Payment when Booking” and set the value as 28(4… Read more »
I would also like to know if this is possible?
It’s an important feature.
Hi Philip, Yes, it is possible to achieve your business requirement with our Partial Deposits Addon. We have an option “Only Full Payment within X days from today” in “Partial Payments” tab of the Booking meta box which allows charging the full payment to the customer till the no. of days you have set from today and after that partial deposit will be applied. I have created a product “Hotel Booking” on our demo website. I have enabled the “Enable Partial Payment” option from “Partial Payments” tab and selected the Payment Type as “Percentage” and set value 20 in the… Read more »